Please take a moment to review Hachette Book Group's updated Privacy Policy: read the updated policy here.

Editorial Assistant (Banbury), Hodder Education

Based in Banbury

Who we are and what we do

We are proud to be one of the largest education publishers in the UK and internationally. We aim to make a difference for teachers and students by offering a broad range of quality resources and services, from curriculum resources to assessments. This means that we are growing as a successful and profitable business. Our success is rooted in our values:  putting teachers and students at the heart of what we do; always looking to improve the quality of what we create; working collaboratively; and being trustworthy in what we publish, how we work as a team and with our customers.

Our publishing and editorial teams based in Banbury (Oxfordshire) are responsible for important parts of our publishing: revision, politics, economics, modern languages, and our unique student magazines.

What you’ll be doing

We are looking for an Editorial Assistant to support the editorial team and take responsibility for a range of editorial and administrative tasks, including proof checking, management of reprint corrections and eBook proofs, photo research and clearing permissions. (There is the opportunity to work across the business, supporting editorial work from London and Glasgow.)

Who we’re looking for

We welcome applications from a wide range of backgrounds. You should have an excellent eye for detail, strong organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects. An interest in education – and the resources that teachers and learners need – is also helpful. It will be a great help if you also have some editorial experience, but we’ll provide the support and training you need.

What we offer

You will be joining a friendly, experienced and collaborative team working to high editorial standards. This is an excellent opportunity to gain editorial experience and skills. You will also have access to the wide range of training and other benefits offered by Hachette UK.

Our commitment

Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural backgrounds.
If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please let us know.

Salary:  £22,000–£23,500

Closing date:  28 February 2020

To apply: please click here