SLA Second Information Book Award
14 Feb 2012
The School Library Association is delighted to announce the Information Book Award 2012 is opening for submissions on 20th February, sponsored by Hachette Children’s Books, publisher of the Franklin Watts, Hodder Children’s Books, Orchard Books and Wayland imprints. For full details see the School Library Association website.
The award for information books and is designed to support school libraries and to reinforce the importance of non-fiction and highlight the high standard of resources available.
The award ceremony will take place in November 2012 and is supported by Peters Bookselling Services.
Tricia Adams, Director School Library Association says: “The SLA is delighted to be working with Hachette Children’s Books again. Through the award we can encourage and emphasize those elements that make for a good book to the benefit of all. We are looking forward to another year of quality submissions from publishers.”
Marlene Johnson, Managing Director Hachette Children’s Books says: “We are absolutely delighted to be sponsoring this award in support of school libraries. The importance of information books can not be under-estimated, and it is essential they are part of every child’s learning journey.”
Notes to Editors:
- The award will be split into 3 separate categories; under 7s, 7-12 and 12-16.
- Publishers have been called for submissions in early February 2012.
- The shortlist will be announced in July 2012. The winners will be announced at an award ceremony in London in November 2012.
- The judging panel will consist of experienced librarians, SLA board members and a member of
- Peters Bookselling Services who will put together the shortlist of 9 titles.
- Peters Bookselling Services is supporting the award by supplying packs of the short listed titles as a good value offer to schools. Children will then be invited to vote for their favourite book in September and October 2012.
- Each section will have a winner, chosen by the panel, as well as a children’s choice winner.
- There will also be an overall winner, awarded to the best information book across all categories.
- The award is administered by the SLA.
For further information please contact Tricia Adams at SLA on 07532 231946.