Radar Street Sports Resources
Street Sports is a series of four books in the Radar range - books that deliver streetwise, high interest, non-fiction reads to your classroom or library. Each title contains a range of literacy text types that feature in the form of magazine-style content:
• Expert interviews
• Debates on controversial topics
• Real Life stories (biographies)
• information articles
• posters, photoguides and many other visual aids.
These offer children gripping and engaging writing styles that can be used as part of inspirational stimulus activity in English, and other cross-curricular study.
The titles in this series are:
Board Sports: Check out skate legends, master some skills and experience what it feels like to mountain board.
Free Running: Read the real life story of an awesome free runner, a star story featuring a Hollywood actor who pulls cool street stunts.
Freestyle BMX: Find a blog of young BMX pro, an interview with a biking expert and check out Radar’s guide to some of the lingo surrounding this awesome sport!
Street Football: Learn some cool moves with our photo guides and read the real life story of a young, talented street footballer!
Downloadable resources that support each title comprise:
1. Teaching notes about using the text types that appear in the books for extended studies, PLUS ideas for differentiation and Gifted students.
2. Photocopiable worksheets for free distribution to reinforce learning and writing skills.
Although these resources have been created to link with the books, they can be used separately.