Radar Police and Combat Resources
Police and Combat is a series of four books in the Radar range - books that deliver streetwise, high interest, non-fiction reads to your classroom or library. Each title contains a range of literacy text types that feature in the form of magazine-style content:
• Expert interviews
• Debates on controversial topics
• Real Life stories (biographies)
• information articles
• posters, photoguides and many other visual aids.
These offer children gripping and engaging writing styles that can be used as part of inspirational stimulus activity in English, and other cross-curricular study.
The titles in this series are:
Armed Services: Get the stats on the fastest and best combat aircraft and read how it feels to be behind enemy lines.
Police Forensics: Discover the forensic officer’s tools of the trade and follow his typical day.
Special Forces: Read about the world’s top level fighting forces and learn about what it’s like in the SAS.
Undercover Operations: Read the thrilling story of an MI6 spy and discover who the most famous double agents are in history.
Downloadable resources that support each title comprise:
- 1. Teaching notes about using the text types that appear in the books for extended studies, PLUS ideas for differentiation and Gifted students.
- 2. Photocopiable worksheets for free distribution to reinforce learning and writing skills.
Although these resources have been created to link with the books, they can be used separately.