Radar Dance Culture Resources
Dance Culture is a series of five books in the Radar range - books that deliver streetwise, high interest, non-fiction reads to your classroom or library. Each title contains a range of literacy text types that feature in the form of magazine-style content:
• Expert interviews
• Debates on controversial topics
• Real Life stories (biographies)
• information articles
• posters, photoguides and many other visual aids.
These offer children gripping and engaging writing styles that can be used as part of inspirational stimulus activity in English, and other cross-curricular study.
The titles in this series are:
Bhangra and Bollywood: Find sensational photo guides to dances, get the ‘Bollywood look’, and read the blog of a young reality TV dance show hopeful.
Capoeira: Learn about the long and rich history of this dance, the rules, what to wear and some moves to get you started.
Latin Dance: Find out about the background to Latin dance, and find out what it feels like to dance at Brazilian Carnival.
Ice Dance: Read the blog of a international skating star, discover plenty of breathtaking lifts, spins and hair-raising jumps.
Street Dance: Learn some cool house steps with Radar’s photoguide and discover which famous US dance crew made it big on reality TV.
Downloadable resources that support each title comprise:
- 1. Teaching notes about using the text types that appear in the books for extended studies, PLUS ideas for differentiation and Gifted students.
- 2. Photocopiable worksheets for free distribution to reinforce learning and writing skills.
Although these resources have been created to link with the books, they can be used separately.